Bernard Lawrence Madoff was an American fraudster and financier who ran the largest Ponzi scheme in history, worth about $64.8 billion. He was at one time non-executive chairman of... Wikipedia
- Born: Bernard Lawrence Madoff, April 29, 1938, New York City, New York, U.S.
- Died: April 14, 2021, Butner, North Carolina, U.S.
- Alma mater: Hofstra University
- Occupation: Stock broker, investment adviser, financier
- Employer: Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities (founder)
- Known for: Being the chairman of NASDAQ and the Madoff investment scandal
- Criminal charge: Securities fraud, investment advisor fraud, mail fraud, wire fraud, money laundering, false statements, perjury, making false filings with the SEC, theft from an employee benefit plan
- Criminal penalty: 150 years in prison, forfeiture of US$17.179 billion, lifetime ban from securities industry
- Criminal status: Deceased
- Children: Mark, Andrew
- Data source: DuckDuckGo